Walk or run 60km throughout March to raise money for research into genetic diseases and childhood cancers.
Throughout the month of March, 2022
You can walk around your local neighbourhood, walk to work, walk at the beach, walk on a treadmill, or wherever you like!
IS REGISTRATION FREE?
Yes, registration is free, so make sure to invite your friends and family to join you!
HOW DO I TRACK THE DISTANCE I WALK OR RUN?
Your profile page includes your personal distance tally so you can track your distance towards your target. This is a great way to keep your friends updated on your workouts!
If you track your workouts with Fitbit, Strava, MapMyFitness or Garmin your distances will automatically add to your tally.
Follow these steps to track your KMs automatically:
2. Log in to your Ks for Kids account.
3. Under the heading Connect your preferred Fitness app, click your chosen app.
4. Follow the prompts to connect your account
5. When you next work out, select start your workout in the app on your phone. Once you end your workout, save your workout and your distance will be published to the tally on your page the following day.
If you have synced your app already but it is not working, please log in and re-connect it.
- Fitbit: You must start an activity and save it. If no activity is logged, then your cumulative activity will sync at the end of the day. If you are having issues, try syncing through BOTH your Fitbit and the Fitbit app on your smartphone.
- MapMyFitness: You must start your workout, stop your workout and then SAVE your workout.
- Strava: You must start your workout, stop your workout and then SAVE your workout.
- Garmin: You must start your workout, stop your workout and then SAVE your workout.
Your tally will be updated each day with the previous day’s distances.
Manually adding activity
Remember, you can manually add your exercise to the tally in the My Fitness Activity tab within your logged in dashboard. This is a great option if you’re using a pedometer or a different method of tracking your distances.
Follow these steps to manually add your activity:
1. Log in to your account and select My Fitness Activity.
2. Under Add activity, enter the required fields. Depending on the challenge this may be steps, distance and/duration.
3. The logged activity will now appear on your fundraising page!
HOW DO I FUNDRAISE?
We encourage you to raise as much money as you can by inviting friends, family and colleagues to support you. You’ll have your own personal fundraising page, and we’ll be sending you lots of helpful tips along the way to make fundraising easy!
HOW DOES IT WORK WITH INDIVIDUAL AND TEAM TOTALS?
When you fundraise to your personal page, your donations go towards your team total. People may also donate directly to your team, however, this will not be tallied to your individual totals.
60KM SEEMS LIKE A LOT, CAN I MANAGE IT?
Definitely! You have all of March to walk 60km at your own pace, and we will send you some awesome training tips and encouraging messages along the way to help. We’re here to help you get fit, have fun, and raise money for lifesaving research.
HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN I HAVE IN A TEAM?
It’s completely up to you. There’s no limit to the amount of people in a team… the more the merrier!
HOW DO I CREATE A TEAM?
When you register you will be prompted to create a team or join a team. Select “Create a team”; enter your chosen team name, team picture and information and you are on your way. You’ll be able to share a link inviting people to join your team.
HOW DO I JOIN AN EXISTING TEAM?
When you first register you will be prompted to create a team or join a team. Select “Join a Team” and you will be able to use a drop-down menu to select one of the already registered teams. If you have already registered but wish to join an already existing team then take a look at the homepage to view the list of current teams.
Alternatively, give us a call on 02 8865 2864 / email us on email@example.com and we’ll help find the right team.
I CAN NO LONGER PARTICIPATE. CAN MY SUPPORTERS AND SPONSORS RECEIVE A REFUND ON THEIR DONATION?
We are very grateful for any donations that will help Children’s Medical Research Institute find answers to the 6,000+ genetic diseases and children’s cancers that affect 1 in 20 children. We hope your supporters will still choose to donate even if you can’t participate, but if they would like a refund, they will need to contact us directly.